Vienna, Austria, 28 February 2018 – Marking a major technological milestone in medical imaging, Canon Medical Systems Europe will present its Aquilion PrecisionTM at the European Congress of Radiology (ECR) in Vienna, Austria.
The Aquilion Precision is the world’s first Ultra-High Resolution CT (UHR CT) capable of resolving anatomy as small as 150 microns, providing CT image quality with resolution typically seen only in cath labs. The UHR detector is newly designed to provide more than twice the resolution when compared with today’s CT technology, representing the next breakthrough in CT imaging with an all-new detector as well as tube, gantry and reconstruction technologies.
The Aquilion Precision has the potential to help improve early detection of disease and tumor classification thanks to features that offer enhanced image detail, including:
- Groundbreaking dose efficiency: Detector channels that are only 0.25 mm thick are coupled with substantial improvements in scintillator quantum efficiency, detector circuitry and other DAS components. This results in a breakthrough dose-efficient detector with ultra-high resolution capabilities.
- Resolution never before seen in CT imaging: The system features the industry’s smallest Focal Spot Tube at 0.4 mm x 0.5 mm and the industry’s first 1024 and 2048 Reconstruction Matrix for further increased resolution.
“The Aquilion Precision is truly disruptive technology,” said Henk Zomer, European Business Unit Manager of Computed Tomography. With a resolution of 0.15 mm, anatomical detail is resolved more precisely, providing a magnitude of increased detail. With the resolving power of UHR CT, earlier detection of diseases is a new challenge. Also, the visualization of very small vessels shows great benefits for vascular examinations, with applications to improve pre-surgical planning strategies.
Canon Medical Systems Europe will present the new Aquilion Precision at this year’s European Congress of Radiology in Vienna, February 28 – March 4, 2018 (Hall: X3, Booth: No 307).
+++ END PRESS RELEASE +++
Advertising acquisition in response to this press release is not appreciated.
Made for Life, Aquilion, and Aquilion Precision are trademarks of Canon Medical Systems Corporation.
- Serge Beckers – Wisse Kommunikatie (email@example.com | +31 26 443 15 23)
- Shayan Khan – e-Marketing & PR manager, Canon Medical Systems Europe (firstname.lastname@example.org | +31 622 78 70 50)
- Jack J.F. Hoogendoorn – Senior Manager Marketing, Canon Medical Systems Europe (email@example.com | +31 6 51 86 11 92)
- Joerg Schlegel – Senior Product Marketing Manager, Canon Medical Systems (firstname.lastname@example.org | +31 6 43 07 33 42)
About Canon Medical Systems Europe
Canon Medical Systems Europe, a Canon Group organization, headquartered in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, markets, sells, distributes and services radiology and cardiovascular systems, including CT, MR, ultrasound, X-ray and interventional X-ray equipment. For more information, visit the Canon Medical Systems Europe website: https://eu.medical.canon
About Canon Medical Systems Corporation
Canon Medical Systems offers a full range of diagnostic medical imaging solutions including CT, X-Ray, Ultrasound and MR, across the globe. In line with our continued Made for Life philosophy, patients are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to provide medical professionals with solutions that support their efforts in contributing to the health and wellbeing of patients worldwide. Our goal is to deliver optimum health opportunities for patients through uncompromised performance, comfort and safety features.
At Canon Medical Systems, we work hand in hand with our partners – our medical, academic and research community. We build relationships based on transparency, trust and respect. Together as one, we strive to create industry-leading solutions that deliver an enriched quality of life. For more information, visit the Canon Medical Systems Corporation website: https://global.medical.canon