Canon Medical debuts Global Illumination at ECR 2019
Next-gen medical image rendering technique allows clinicians to visualize and manipulate photorealistic anatomical images
Vienna, Austria, 26 February 2019 – Canon Medical Systems introduces Global Illumination to the existing Vitrea Advanced Visualization workflows. Global Illumination delivers photorealistic 3D renderings of the human anatomy that enriches communication among specialists, clinicians and with patients.
Global Illumination uses complex lighting and shading techniques to provide photo-realistic imaging of three-dimensional anatomy. The technology offers the following benefits to clinicians and patients:
- Photorealistic rendering of CT, MRI and X-ray images enriches communication between clinical teams through a better understanding of anatomy.
- Patients will benefit from an increased understanding of their own anatomy and pathology when communicating with a clinician.
- Physicians, such as Forensic Physicians, will be able to visualize anatomy prior to autopsy and use Global Illumination to aid in communication.
Global Illumination includes sharing the renderings as images, batches and movies.
At the Canon Medical booth (Expo X3), ECR visitor can get a hands-on demonstration of this highly responsive technology and see how Global Illumination is easy to use and offers realistic results throughout the congress in Vienna from February 28 – March 03, 2019. During educational hands-on sessions lead by Prof. A. Blum, participants can experience the use of Global Illumination for MSK and forensic applications.
Advertising acquisition in response to this press release is not appreciated.
Made for Life is a trademark of Canon Medical Systems Corporation.
- Jack J.F. Hoogendoorn – Senior Manager Marketing, Canon Medical Systems Europe (firstname.lastname@example.org | +31 6 51 86 11 92)
- Joerg Schlegel – Senior Product Marketing Manager, Canon Medical Systems Europe (email@example.com | +31 6 43 07 33 42)
About Canon Medical Systems Europe
Canon Medical Systems Europe, a Canon Group organization, headquartered in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, markets, sells, distributes and services radiology and cardiovascular systems, including CT, MR, ultrasound, X-ray and interventional X-ray equipment. For more information, visit the Canon Medical Systems Europe website: https://eu.medical.canon
About Canon Medical Systems Corporation
Canon Medical Systems offers a full range of diagnostic medical imaging solutions including CT, X-Ray, Ultrasound and MR, across the globe. In line with our continued Made for Life philosophy, patients are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to provide medical professionals with solutions that support their efforts in contributing to the health and wellbeing of patients worldwide. Our goal is to deliver optimum health opportunities for patients through uncompromised performance, comfort and safety features.
At Canon Medical Systems, we work hand in hand with our partners – our medical, academic and research community. We build relationships based on transparency, trust and respect. Together as one, we strive to create industry-leading solutions that deliver an enriched quality of life. For more information, visit the Canon Medical Systems Corporation website: https://global.medical.canon