To strengthen our Technical Support Group in the European Canon Medical Systems head office (CMSE), we announce the following vacancy:
(Senior) Product Specialist InnerVision – Technical Support Group (M/V)
The function of (Senior) product specialist is based in the Technical Support Group (TSG) in CMSE HQ in Zoetermeer. InnerVision is the tradename for the remote service network of Canon Medical Systems.Via the InnerVision network all installed modalities (CT, MR, UL and X-Ray) in the field are monitored 24/7. The focus of the InnerVision team is to set-up- and maintain the remote service infrastructure for customer sites all over Europe and Russia. It requires continues efforts to work with the modality specialists to improve- and introduce new features in remote service to give the utmost support to the field service organization.The team has a very customer focused attitude, keeping internal rules and regulation well in mind. A very pro-active customer and company beneficial attitude is expected. The mix of technical support work as well as transfer of knowledge requires a positive and constructive mind-set.
Key result areas:
- Responsible for practical network support for the European service organization With regards to the remote service network.
- Responsible for collecting technical knowledge and communicating this information and experiences to the European field service operation
- Pro-actively improve your knowledge and skills in order to keep up with the product specifics and product developments, (e.g. attend training courses in a.o. Japan, but also by self-study)
- prepare training materials and give training courses (or transfer knowledge otherwise) to service colleagues from the European service organization
- Supports the introduction of new products in terms of remote service feasibility.
- Co-ordinate projects and (co-) execute them
- Contact for internal and external colleagues in your professional area
- Keep the accounting records and administrative rules
- Education: HBO-level
- Preferred to have CCNA certification and extensive knowledge on VPN
- Understanding of general organizational processes
- Several years of experience in a similar function is a pre
- Good interpersonal skills to maintain internal and external contacts with the European organization and Japan
- Oral and written proficiency in English to be able to conduct training courses and to exchange information with the Japanese support team and European organization
- A positive attitude and willingness to work in sometimes less comfortable circumstances
- Inventiveness, resistant to stress and have analytical abilities to solve complex and urgent problems,
- Diplomacy and persuasiveness to obtain the co-operation of various parties having different interests.
For more information please contact Mr. Peter Veerman, Manager Service Group, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application to Human resources by email: Claudia.Schmidt@eu.medical.canon