Canon Medical Systems Europe (“CMSE”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy rights of all visitors to its websites.
WEBSERVER – PROTOCOLS
When you visit our website, as is usual on almost all websites, our server automatically collects certain anonymous, non-personal information such as:
- the date and time of your visit to our website
- the pages you visit on our website
- the type of web browser you use (for example, Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer)
- the country code of the website version you access (e.g. .de, .uk, .it))
- the language of the browser you use
- the website from which you linked directly to our website
- the search word used (if our site is accessed via a search engine)
- the type of connection and operating system.
We use this information to improve constantly your website experience such as to provide better site service, customisation of the site based on user preferences, compilation of statistics and trends, market research and other uses to improve this site and our service to visitors.
We can’t personally identify you using your above data.
PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE
In general, you do not need to provide personal information to access our websites. Your personal data (for example: your name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) are stored in our customer relationship management system only if you provide us with this information in order to use any of the services on our website (e.g. require more information regarding our products/service, registering for a personalised web experience or educational events, signing up for the newsletter (e-mail only) or taking part in competitions). This data is then processed and used to only perform the requested services, and in compliance with the applicable data privacy laws. Any use of such personal data for other purposes (e.g. sending additional information about our company and products) is made only if you have given us your prior consent to do so.
CMSE may contact you by e-mail, mail or telephone if you agree to that contact to provide information regarding programs, products, services and content that may be of interest to you. In addition, some of the features on this website allow you to communicate with us using an online form. If your communication requests a response from us, we will send you a response via e-mail. The e-mail response or confirmation may include your personal information, including personal information about your name, address, etc. We cannot guarantee that our e-mails to you will be secure from unauthorised interception.
On some websites we use a “double opt-in system”. This means that when you first register with us, you are sent a confirmation email containing your login details. You then need to use these details to access our website. Your registration is not activated until you have logged in with your user name and password.
Personal data, as provided by you, is being kept as long as needed to fulfill the specific request or if you choose and show an interest to receive promotional materials regarding our products or services. You may select options of interest yourself and you are in charge to change your preferences at any time.
RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA AND WITHDRAWING CONSENT
You have the right to receive a copy of your stored personal data at any time. In addition, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. Please use the e-mail address provided under Contacts to do so.
PROTECTING THE PRIVACY OF MINORS
Our websites are not addressed to children and young people under the age of 18. Children under the age of 13 may not transmit any personal data over the Internet without the consent of their parent or guardian. We ensure that we do not knowingly collect and store any personal data relating to this age group. Please contact us if you think we may have collected information from a child in this age group
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CMSE has implemented technical and organisational security measures to guarantee the security of your personal information. Users’ personal information is stored in our secure networks and access is restricted to those employees and partners who are entitled to access our systems.
In areas where you enter data we work with the “Secure Socket Layer” (SSL) standard encryption system. Please note that your browser must support encryption protection. You can find this, for example, in all modern browsers. To ensure your browser is up to date, visit https://browsehappy.com/.
Personal data is stored in databases which are protected against unauthorized access by security firewalls and software. Whenever your browser displays a closed padlock symbol at the bottom of the screen, or a similar icon/highlighted web address in a different browser, this indicates that your data is being transmitted in an encrypted format.
If the SSL system is not available for technical reasons, an error page is displayed to ensure that under no circumstances can your data be transmitted without encryption.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
Except for certain personal information that may be specifically requested in the Website for a specific purpose, CMSE discourages the submission of confidential or proprietary information to this website. CMSE does not generally request or require such information and has no obligation of any kind with respect to such information. Any such information you submit to this website via the Internet, email or other electronic means is not considered confidential and may be used for various purposes by CMSE without limitation to include, but not be limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products.
DATA PROCESSING IN COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Personal data collected via this website is being stored in our customer relationship management system, a product of Salesforce.com which is based in the US. For more information please see www.salesforce.com. We have put in place appropriate legal safeguards to ensure the adequate level of data protection for such personal data transfer outside the European Economic Area. For more information, please contact us through the email address provided below.
Contact us at the following address if you:
- wish to correct, delete or object to use of your personal data
- wish to obtain information about the personal data we have stored about you
- wish to withdraw your consent, or
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant Supervisory Authority (Data Protection Authority based in EU Member State), for CMSE such being Dutch Data Protection Authority – Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, if our response is not satisfactory to you.
Please send an e-mail regarding any inquiry related to data protection to CMSE Group Lead Data Protection Coordinator to the email address:
Or send your request by mail to the below address:
Canon Medical Systems Europe B.V.
2718 RP Zoetermeer
Attention to: Lead Data Protection Coordinator
For more information please call: Tel: +31 79 368 9222
CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
Canon Medical Systems is the data controller of your personal data, that is, the entity that determines the ‘purposes and means’ of the processing of the personal information processed about you, or, in other words, the uses for which Canon Medical Systems processes your personal data and the manner in which it is done.
personal data WE COLLECT AND WHAT WE USE IT FOR
We collect personal data in the following circumstances:
- When you have expressed interest in a product or service we offer, we will collect your business contact details. For example, if you approach us online, attend our booth at an event and/or call us about a potential service or product, we will make a note of your details so that we may follow up on your query as well as offering other products and services that may be of interest to your business.
- Personal data that we received from you from one of the above mentioned events, Canon Medical Systems and Canon Group Companies will use to contact you to provide requested information about our products and services. For you to be able to express further interests in our products or services, a Customer account will be created for you, which personally identifies you rather than your business, such as your name, position within your business, business email address or telephone number. As soon as the account is created, you will receive an email asking for you to log in, and provide you the possibility to review and update your Customer Portal account and set your preferences of Interests topics related to our Products and Services.
- Upon registering in our Customer Portal, you will be asked to review filled in details or/and complete several personal details that are necessary for your Customer Portal account so we can offer you the promotional information about our Products and Services of your interest. Some of these fields are marked as compulsory. If you do not provide us with information which is marked as compulsory we may be unable to provide all or part of the Services to you.
- Your personal data and contact details will be used to send you promotional materials and marketing, upon your preferences and also for responding to your requests made via the Customer Portal on any follow up actions.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
Canon Medical Systems will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis depends on the purpose for which we have collected and use your personal data. When we use your personal data for promotional and marketing activities via our Customer Portal, we use consent as a legal basis. You may withdraw your consent at any time and change your preferences and channels how to receive such materials or information.
How we share your information:
Within Canon Medical Systems
We restrict access to personal data to our group of companies and their employees who have a “need to know” such information.
Outside Canon Medical Systems, to our partners and third parties
Except as described in this Policy or where you have provided your consent, the personal data processed when you use our Customer Portal will not be shared with or disclosed to other individuals or businesses, for their own use, other than Canon group companies.
We may disclose your personal data to the following third parties, amongst others, for the purposes described here:
- Vendors or other subcontractors with whom we have a business relationship and who provide products and services to us so that we can provide our Services to you (such as software development, website hosting and management);
- In exceptional circumstances, personal information may be shared with third parties, such as the police and regulatory authorities, to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our customers, staff and assets;
- We may also disclose your personal information if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
DATA PROCESSING IN COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN economic area
Personal data collected via this portal is being stored in our customer relationship management system, a product of Salesforce.com which is based in the US. For more information please see www.salesforce.com. We have put in place appropriate legal safeguards to ensure the adequate level of data protection for such personal data transfer outside the European Economic Area. For more information, please contact us through the email address provided below.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access, correct, update, restrict, receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data or delete your data. You can request to exercise these rights via Customer Portal directly. Whenever you provide a new request, we will receive such and will process it to reply to your request. Such information will be stored in our enterprise application, relevant to identity data so that we can trace the history of your requests and deal with it more efficiently. You are able to follow the status of your request directly in the Customer Portal.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Canon Medical Systems has implemented technical and organizational security measures to guarantee the security of your personal data. Users’ personal data is stored in our secure networks with restricted access. Strong password is required to optimize the protection of your account.
You guarantee the quality of the data provided via the Customer Portal. All personal data you provide, must be real, accurate and kept up to date. You take full responsibility that your information is accurate, updated and that it complies with this principle.
CONTACTING CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS
We expect that Canon Medical Systems will be able to resolve any concerns you may have. However, if our response is not satisfactory to you, you may raise your concerns with your local data protection authority.